Saturday, October 31, 2009

Heading home

Today I am returning to Montana on the train.  I've been away too long and I miss the mountains.

I didn't get all I wanted to do done here in North Dakota.  I had hopes of going through the rest of my mother's stuff and holding a garage sale in addition to selling some other larger stuff.  I suppose it doesn't matter that I didn't sort through all the stuff as the weather all month was too crappy to hold a garage sale.

I found my mother saved almost everything the past 25 years.  I mean almost everything.  Letters, cards, bills, receipts, newspaper articles, recipes, photos, legal papers, family history research, etc., etc.  I had to go through everything one by one as it was all mixed together in drawers, cabinets, shelves and boxes in her office.  Time consuming and draining.

I got most of the office sorted through.  I tossed out four large garbage cans of stuff.  Later I noticed that I forgot the closet.  *sigh*  Hours to occupy my time the next time I am here.

It gets me thinking.  If one doesn't keep on top of 'stuff' it builds and grows.  And it takes time to mange all the stuff one has in life.  And when one is gone, most of it doesn't matter.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: