Thursday, October 01, 2009

Back to ND

Wednesday night I arrived back to North Dakota to visit my brother.

The train trip was uneventful. I slept off and on as I only had a little over 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep the night before what with all the last minute stuff I was trying to get done before leaving. Thankfully the rain held off Tuesday and I was able to get more done outside before I left.

I got most of my garden harvested.  I pulled all the tomato plants.  I had tons and tons of green tomatoes but I was surprised to find one red tomato.  I took a photo of it before picking it but unfortunately I left the photo on my computer back in Montana.

I dug 11 of my 14 hills of potatoes and filled a five gallon plastic pail with potatoes. I left the last three hills for when I return to Montana.

I ended up killing four small fat mice that were using the thick tomato and potato plants as a home.

I dug a few carrots and found they didn't grown much this year.  Odd.  Joyce said the same thing happen to her carrots.

Since it was nice outside I painted the rest of the primer I had on the part of the garage's little addition that I'm not going to replace later.

I also trapped another seven pocket gophers so my total is up to 204 for the year.  I then removed the traps from the field so as not to have disgusting messes when I get back.

Snow fell as the train went over Marias Pass and east of the divide to East Glacier. Then it rained off and on throughout MT. It is wet here in ND.

Once people could get cell reception again after coming out of the mountains lots of people jumped on their cell phone to tell others that they just saw snow. A number of other times people around my seat yakked away on their cell phones. Train rides used to be so quiet.

The train's time was all over the place. It was early, on time, or late at different times throughout the day. I got to Minot close to on time.

No comments: