Friday, October 30, 2009

24 hr flu

Just to let you know I seemed to have had the 24 hour flu. Late Tuesday afternoon I felt sick. I was able - barely - to keep from throwing up (though I made frequent trips to the bathroom ).  But keeping from throwing up took some concentration on my part.   And then I was freezing. It took forever to warm up.

I laid down at 5 pm and slept until almost 11 am the next morning. The last of the symptoms disappeared by late afternoon.

I had the exact symptoms my brother had the previous Friday. So I guess he had the flu.  Initially he blamed my cooking for his feeling ill even though I wasn't ill at the time.

Same old story... the only time I get sick is when I visit my brother and it is always three to four days after he gets ill. Co-incidence?  I think not!

Now, the question I am curious about is whether I had the dreaded swine flu.  Especially as I haven't been paying attention to it in the news.
What are the symptoms of swine flu in humans?
The symptoms of swine flu in people are expected to be similar to the symptoms of regular human seasonal influenza and include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

I don't think I had the swine flu as the only symptoms I had were diarrhea, aching muscles and loss of appetite.  I briefly had a headache when the other symptoms were subsiding.  No coughing.  And my flu was gone in 24 hours.  Doesn't the swine flu last longer?

So perhaps... one flu down, one to go?

No comments: