Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sprayer leak

My RL Pro Flo backpack sprayer still leaked today. I got a magnifying glass and found the source of the leak: a small crack near the bottom of the plastic tank. This is strange as the tank is made of a heavy duty plastic. How the crack formed is a mystery. Nothing has hit the sprayer to damage it.

Once I found the crack I looked at the location inside the tank and the crack looked larger inside the tank than outside.

The sprayer has a lifetime warranty so I called the company's (Root-Lowell Manufacturing Co.) 1-800 number and their service representative told me to send them the sprayer so they can look at it.

I still had the original box the sprayer came in so I packed it all up and sent it back to them. It cost me $20.67 to send it via UPS to them in Lowell, Michigan.

Here are photos I took showing where I marked for them the crack's location. The sprayer in the photos is placed upside down to better show you the spot.


So I only have my little hand carry sprayer to spray the rest of my weeds.

No comments: