Friday, September 11, 2009

Once again.. to the paint

I did get some painting done today after I... took my car in to have the brakes fixed, rode my bicycle to get some groceries, baked an apple pie, watered my garden, checked the gopher traps (only two caught today versus yesterday's six), sprayed a tank of herbicide on weeds in the south pasture, and talked with Dan about my cattle when he called. *whew*

I painted white under the roof overhang this is up in the middle of the house roof. This is the last peak I had to do on the house, though not the last painting to be done on the house. It is easy to forget to paint this area as it is a small roof peak left over after the bedroom addition was built on. It turns out I hadn't scraped the cracked and chipped paint off and I had to do that first. The problem was I couldn't find my scraper. The last time I used it was on the garage. I almost always leave it on the porch but it wasn't there, nor anywhere I could think of looking. I found another smaller scraper and scraped the paint.

I also found a spot under this peak where the hornets get into the house attic. Lots of them were going in and out and I 'painted' a number of them. Now I need to repaint some of the red fascia as it got clobbered along with the hornets. My hand is still swollen and itches after getting stung by the hornet the previous day so that was payback.

I also painted white under the roof overhang on the garage. I did both peaks. I have the front and back sections of the garage left to do tomorrow.

I used up the can of white paint and opened another one. Same story: lots of mixing of the oil on top into the paint to make it white. And the same story on paint thickness. I trust, like before, it will thicken up after a day.

It was getting dark when I quit painting so tomorrow I will have to see how it all turned out and what I need to repaint.

I was covered in paint when done for the day. The 'fun' of painting over my head.

A perfect day weather-wise today.

Tammy's absence was noted when I painted and when finishing up. It wasn't the same without her painting along with me.

1 comment:

House Painter said...

It's always good to hear when people are properly taking care of their homes' exteriors. Keep it up! Often, homeowners neglect painting the exterior of their home only to discover a few years down the road that their wooden exterior surfaces are starting to rot!