Monday, August 10, 2009

2 year aniversary

Sunday August 9th I hiked to the Belly River area of Glacier Nat'l Park. It was during this hike that I remembered backpacking on these trails back in July 1992 with Denise and Jeff on my first backpacking trip in Glacier.

I hadn't been on these trails since then until now over 17 years later. I was trying to remember the mountains, valleys, lakes, trails, the river crossing with the cable, the campgrounds we stayed at, the ranger station, the ranger who wrote me the ticket, etc. Then I remembered that Denise passed away from cancer almost two years ago to the day. She died August 10, 2007.

The other people I hiked with Sunday - and who didn't know of Denise - picked this as a place to hike and picked the date.

Here is a photo from the 1992 hike.

No comments: