Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Window Frost

Another cold morning.

How cold was it? The thermometer outside the kitchen window said -27 F when I first got up at 8:30 am. A bit cold. By the time I took a photo after 10 am it had warmed up to -22 F and now it is a "balmy" -13 F.

Also my bedroom window was completely frosted again over this morning. This time I took a photo of it after carving the word "Hi" into the frost. As the sun has come around to this side of the house this morning I have been soaking up the water as the frost melts.

People who know me know I like it cool when I sleep, so my bedroom was cool to begin with as I had closed all the heat vents in the room to keep it comfortable (for me) for sleeping. I think the cooler room made it easier for frost to cover the window.



Even though it is cold I just saw a squirrel bounding down the sidewalk in front of the house. Don't those pests ever rest?

At least it is sunny outside so it looks warmer than it actually is. Oops.. wrote this too soon as clouds are starting to arrive.

No comments: