Sunday, January 27, 2008

Annoyed during a mid-Winter thaw

Things that annoyed me today:
  • It is a very warm and sunny 46 degrees outside and I am inside buildings most of the day.

  • My fix last night to the washing machine worked, but the washing machine this morning had another problem - a small water leak.

  • A checkout cashier at Walmart who moved so s... l... o...w.... "Why me? Why did I have to get the cashier who moves in slow motion?!

  • Two women in line in front of me at a Walmart checkout. You'd think one of the women - who were perfectly able to do so - could have put each grocery bag in their grocery cart when the cashier moved on to putting items into a new bag. Instead we all had to wait until the cashier gathered up the bags and walked around the counter to place them into the cart. This delayed our items from being checked out. I could make a comment about some women who expect everything to be done for them even though they are well able to do it themselves, but that would be politically incorrect now, wouldn't it? Whatever happened to feminism where a woman could do anything a man could do? I never see guys standing around and waiting for someone to load their bags into a cart.

  • A man walking in traffic in the parking lot who seemed oblivious to the traffic. He slowed down even further the slow traffic as vehicles had to stop and/or drive around him. I stared at him as my brother and I drove by. He didn't seem to be on drugs. I was wearing sunglasses but I wonder if he got the drift that I was not happy and was shooting visual daggers his way. Walk on the sidewalk, or if you are looking for someone, stand on it.

  • I planned on buying some small dumbbells for Mom to exercise with. Walmart was out of them. *sigh*

  • Hollywood starlets and want-to-bes: Britney, Lindsey, Paris, Nicole, and on and on. And all the TV time and spent discussing their actions and what they are wearing, etc., etc. You know, if a causality of the Hollywood writers strike is the cancellation of the award shows and red carpets, I will be fine with that.

  • I should be enjoying the nice day but later in the afternoon a line of clouds moved over blocking the sun. A harbinger of the cold - well below zero! - weather that is forecast to arrive in a little over a day.
  • Springtime is suppose to be nice, but early Spring - or a mid-Winter thaw - is not,

    • the nice weather is temporary,
    • it is muddy and sloppy outside, and
    • the trees are bare and no color is seen other than a dirty white and a muddy brown.

    I like my hometown but as we drove through some of the residential neighborhoods I wondered why anyone would live here. The houses and properties seemed old, close together, and drab.
I tell you... I am in some kind of mood today. I didn't think that I had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but maybe I did.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Sounds like a trip to icanhascheezburger is in order!