Thursday, April 04, 2024

Extended corral built again

It's that time of year.  Time to rebuild an extension to the corral for the cattle.  The grass is starting to grow and I need to let it get a head start on the cattle.  The extension was built Tuesday.  The extension gives me a place to put the large hay bale when the cattle are in the corral. 



I have three cows left to calve. One is a first-time mother, and two cows who had calves before.   The two who had calves before I expect to calve in May as last year they calved in June.

She calved June 2 last year.

She calved June 22 last year.


Here are some of the cattle relaxing in the corral last Tuesday.  I built the extension after I took this photo.



We are in for cold and rain - and a few snowflakes - today and the next few days through the weekend.   It would be nice if the first-time cow will wait a few days to have her calf.

No comments: