Saturday, August 09, 2014

Owl fight

Tonight I noticed something strange about an owl sitting on top of the power pole by the garage.  The owl had a mouse hanging from its mouth.  Daisy was sitting by the house and also saw the owl.  She started chattering at the owl.

A minute later another owl swooped up to the top of the power pole with a loud screech.  There is really only room for one owl on top of the pole.  The two owls started fighting and flapping their wings.  Then the first owl flew off towards the hay shed.  The second owl stood on top of the pole with its back to me.

Did it have the mouse?

Nope.  It started screeching again and then turned to look at me and Daisy before flying back where it came from.

I wish I had my camera, but I didn't and it was over in a matter of minutes.

No comments: