Saturday, August 16, 2014

Finally, rain

July was very dry.  After a couple of minor teases earlier this week Friday morning the rain finally came.  And it rained hard.  Thankfully with no wind.

The cattle came in to huddle together by the patio.


Last but not least, Buddy the bull accompanied the new cow. What a gentleman.  She is still limping.  Poor girl.  Her calf was with the herd by the patio.


A 46 second video of Buddy the bull walking with the new cow.  You can hear how hard the rain was falling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoO-6G563mM&feature=youtu.be



I bought this tarp to cover my round hay bales.  With the dry weather I thought I had more time to cover the bales.  Now I will have to wait until the hay dries.


It rained hard.  Combined with the dry hard ground it took a while for the water to soak in.  Daisy came outside to drink as she prefers water everywhere other than her water dish in the house.  Tammy had even bought Daisy a nice metal dish for water and Daisy still prefers water outside.




In the evening another rain event came.  Initially it passed to the east of me as seen in the photos below.  At sunset it began to rain lightly.




No comments: