Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Simply Simmer Brisket

Here is what Tammy made for me last night...  Simply Simmer Brisket.

The simple recipe can be found here: http://recipes.homemadegourmet.com/recipe.asp?code=10540

I don't eat pork and Tammy prefers chicken over beef so we used chicken breasts for the meat.  We placed the meat, seasoning, ketchup and water in the seasoning bag and then placed the bag in a crockpot and slow cooked it.  No mess!  When done, take the food out of the plastic seasoning bag and toss the bag in the garbage (or in my case my wood burning stove).

Yum! 

Who needs to go to a bar-b-que joint when you can easily have bar-b-que at home!

My plate of food is on the left and Tammy's plate is on the right. Tammy had cut up her chicken by the time I took the photo.  We cooked some garden potatoes I had gotten from Bob and Jan and steamed some cabbage to add to our meal.

I loved the taste and smell of the hickory smoked seasoning so much that I covered my mashed potatoes with it.  We had some seasoning left over as we only cooked enough meat for two servings, and not the eight servings mentioned in the recipe.  I froze the leftover seasoning for use on potatoes in the future.


If interested, you can order the seasoning at Tammy's Homemade Gourmet web site: http://www.homemadegourmet.com/tamara23544

No comments: