Friday, December 31, 2010

Light rail

Here are few photos from when Tammy and I took the light rail train from the Mall of America to downtown Minneapolis.  This was the first time I have ridden the train as it was built after I moved from Minnesota.  The ride lasted 39 minutes and had stops every two or three minutes.  The train is only two to three cars long, which was plenty to hold everyone wanting to ride.


The train passed by the snow deflated Metrodome, home to the Minnesota Vikings football team.


Downtown Minneapolis buildings on Nicolette Mall.  I don't see tall buildings where I live now.



We also walked a few blocks around downtown.  I wanted to see if the 1st Avenue club was still there.  Yup.  It did have a fresh coat of black paint.


We walked around some of the other stores and skyways along Nicolette Mall.  Not much going on in the stores.

A few of the stores Christmas displays.


One place had a life sized art sculpture.

No comments: