Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If the train runs

In the morning I plan to be on the Amtrak train to Minnesota to spend the holidays with Tammy.  So far it looks promising.  Since Sunday the train has not run due to flooding in Washington state and the bad winter weather in the Midwest.  The lack of Amtrak service has been on the local news today.  But Amtrak says they will be re-starting service tomorrow.  Good.  However I imagine the train will now be full as Amtrak needs to carry the people who were suppose to travel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Oh joy.  A jam-packed train.

I am pretty much ready to leave.   I need to go over my list of what I packed, what I have left to pack, and what I have to do around the house to lock doors, unplug appliances, etc.   Usually I am in the middle of packing at this point and do not get to bed until 1 or 2 in the morning.  The past few days I have leisurely packed.  One afternoon clothes, another time magazines to read, yet another time food, and so on.  I feel disjointed and wonder what I have forgotten as it appears I am almost done and it is not even midnight.

No comments: