Monday, January 01, 2007

New year, new template

I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and the new year has started off right for you.

I had a nice time as a neighbor couple came over for cards and socializing. A yearly tradition. But we are all getting older as we only lasted until 2 am before calling it quits for the night. Other years we lasted until almost dawn.

My neighbors volunteer as election helpers here in North Dakota. Unlike in Montana, I found only some of the election people here are called "judges", the rest are called "clerks" and "inspectors". Not only some of the poll worker's titles different, they seem to be organized differently here in North Dakota, and handle the elections differently.


You may have noticed my blog look a little different. Earlier I had upgraded to the newer blogger and that seemed to go well. Today I decided upgrade my template design to the new layout. Blogger promised a backup copy of my template would be made and that I could revert back to my old template if I didn't like the new layout. I don't like it, as the new layout lost my customizations and didn't easily allow me to incorporate them. For example, the photo in my header was lost and I can't find a way to get the photo back into the header. I tried to go back to my old template design but Blogger now won't accept my old template source code. *argh!*

I spent some time trying to figure out the new layout html code in order get my old look back using the new layout, but now I'm calling it quits for the night. I am part way there but tired of fooling with the changes. For now my old header's photo is attached to the bottom of the blog.

No comments: