Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Strong wind and tree damage

Last night we had very strong winds when a cold front passed through. The peak wind gust was 63 mph.  I didn't lose power but around 10,000 people in the Valley lost power.  I was riding my bicycle back from getting my booster COVID vaccine shot this afternoon and I had to wait on one road as a guy in a bucket lift was chain sawing a large dead tree that blew over and fell on a power line going across the road.  Amazingly the large tree trunk did not break the power line and fall on the road.

A few fiberglass sheets on my patio blew off overnight.

As you can see below, the wind tore the trap over my haybales even though I had the ladder and posts on the tarp overnight.  I didn't expect the wind would get up to 63 mph.


I had a number of tree branches broken off in the pastures.  I had two trees blow over.  The first tree was a dead tree.



The tree partially fell on another smaller tree and broke off that tree's top.



The second photo of the broken tree better shows the missing top.



The second tree was a live tree.  The tree had been split when it was growing.  Last Winter the right side of the tree blew off in strong winds.  Below is a photo of that part of the tree.
 
Another day when I finished cutting the middle pasture tree.

Here are photos of the left side that broke off last night.





So now I got more work to do.  *sigh*  Just what I need.

No comments: