Friday, February 05, 2021

Snow. More than predicted

One to three inches of snow was predicted overnight and today.  A little snow fell before I went to bed late last night.  The next morning at 8 am when I fed the cattle I found lots of snow.  My guess is four to five inches of snow.

I shoveled a little snow, then went back to sleep.  When I got up later the snow had quit.  I spent the afternoon shoveling snow from the house to the backyard.  Then outside the hayshed.  Then I cleared a number of circles out in the north pasture to place the late afternoon hay for the cattle.  I still have snow in the rest of the backyard to shovel, and the front driveway.  I did shovel the driveway where the tires go.

By the time I was done it was 7:30 pm, after dark.  And I'm a little tired and sore.

The forecast starting late morning tomorrow is for more snow.  Four to seven inches of more snow by the time Sunday ends.  Plus the wind will pick up and the temperature will drop below zero.  I plan to put a larger hay bale outside the corral tomorrow so I don't have to fed the cattle for a few days.

I put some more straw for the cow and her calf to lay on in their sheltered area as their previous straw was getting compacted.

Winter is coming again.

No bicycle riding today.




Are you bothering my child?

I want to check your pants leg again.  That ok?


No, I'm not your Mama.  I don't have milk.

Yum. Yum.  Food!

In the blue tub is a mineral supplement for the cows to lick.


By noon the sun came out.  The temperature got up to 41 degrees today and it was nice outside.



At one point I thought the next weather and snow was coming before I would be done shoveling the snow.  But the clouds didn't come closer before sundown and they stayed up against the mountains during the rest of the afternoon.




No comments: