Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Calf 2's ear tag

This afternoon I put an ear tag on calf 2.  She made it through the night fine.  At midnight I saw the cows and their calves, and also Muscles, were all laying on the hay in the shelter.

In the morning before I ear tagged the calf...






Last year's calves, and a cow, were all looking at the new calf this morning.


After I ear tagged the calf.


In this photo calf 1 and 2 look to be the same size.  But they are not.

A couple of photos of calf 1 who is sharing the corral with calf 2.  The reason calf 1 has an orange tag is that was the last orange tag I had left.  Previously I tagged the female calves with orange tags, but last year when I thought I now needed new calf tags, orange wasn't available so I changed to using yellow tags for the females.




No comments: