Saturday, November 07, 2020

More snow and cattle jailbreak

I had seen on the newspaper's weather page that normally by now we could have 1.1 inches of snow.  We have had 11 inches of snow so far this year.  The snow we had earlier finally melted a few days ago. And this morning it started snowing again.  By this evening the wind picked up and is howling.  It is suppose to be like this till Monday.   Great.  Just great.  Another day of getting nothing done.  I am happy Donna's hay baler was fixed and I was able to tow it back to her house yesterday afternoon when it was still nice, and not this morning.






I had let Daisy outside early in the morning.  I woke up again a little after 7 am to a sound.  I thought it was Daisy wanting to get back inside the house.  I looked out the door and saw Speckles in the yard by the house.  I looked and several of the fence boards in the front yard were off the fence.  Only Speckles was in the yard.  The rest of the cattle were off in the hayfield.  Speckles wanted back to the hayfield.  I opened the back yard gate I installed this Summer and she ran back into the hayfield.

Then I went and nailed the boards back to the fence posts.  I also added a few more steel fence posts to lean and help support the fence from being pushed over in the future.  I also closed the driveway gate as I had forgot to do so last night.  At least it didn't start snowing until after I was done fixing the fence.

No comments: