Wednesday, March 11, 2020

More field fence added

Today I finished adding field fence to the fence rebuild I did last year between the hayfield and south pasture.  Even though I had put 11 strands of barb wire on that fence rebuild last Summer I noticed that Mama cow was still able to get her head through the fence.  Last year I had added field fence to two-thirds of that fence rebuild.  I didn't get the entire add of field fence done last year due to my injury last Fall.  So yesterday and today I got more field fence and finished adding it to that fence.  So another of last year's jobs finally done.



I took off the fence that short section of wire fence.  I put that piece of smaller wire section onto the fence next to the hayshed, on the short section that goes from the hayshed to the nearby gate.  This smaller section of fencing is too small for a cat or dog to go through, unlike some traditional field fence that has larger sections since that fence is for cattle. Over time I plan to get more of this smaller section of fencing and put it on the fencing and gate between me and Curtis.  That way it will stop cats and dogs from going through my fence and gate in that area to get to my hayshed.  It will also stop Daisy from going over to Curtis's place to catch the mice there.  But Curtis already got mouse traps and trapped mice this Winter when Daisy was kept inside my house while he was recovering from his eye injury.

No comments: