Sunday, December 31, 2017

Another day after the storm

This morning the sun was out.  The temperature was 3 degrees.

That's a bird on the bottom of the suet cage.

More snow shoveling today.  I shoveled a driving path from the house to the pole shed in the backyard.  I am in no rush to drive anywhere so I planned on shoveling the front driveway to the road tomorrow and/or Tuesday.  But in the afternoon my neighbor Calvin called and said he could plow out my driveway.   I tried to decline saying I would get to it and I was in no hurry but he said he could stop by and plow it for me on his way home.  It was no problem for him to do so.

All right then.

He plowed the driveway to the house with his pickup and plow.  He has a really nice V plow.  Since that went quick I had him plow a path to the hayshed from the garage.  It is nicer when I get hay for the cattle if I go through the NE pasture first.  It saves me from having to drive through the corral with the cattle and multiple opening and closing of gates.

I still have a little snow to shovel in the very backyard so it isn't like I got all lazy and have nothing to do.

I cooked my Christmas turkey today.  The only turkeys left on sale were 21 pounds.  This is the biggest turkey I ever cooked.  Good thing I love eating turkey.   Oh... and Calvin gave me three large packages of meat from the deer he and his son shot this year.  So January looks to be a month of eating meat.

Happy New Year!

No comments: