Monday, January 06, 2014

Icy yard

The weather has been icy. While I have shoveled and kept the snow off the driveway and yard, we have had several instances of rain and freezing rain over the past few weeks. Then toss in a wet snowfall last Friday.

Today I finished shoveling the last snowfall. Underneath the ice is still there. I spread some cat litter between the house and garage to help with traction. The rest of the yard... I slip and slide and walk carefully.  I haven't fallen... yet.

Good thing Daisy has four legs as even she slips.  Tonight she tried to run fast to get from the tool shed to the house and several legs slipped sideways as she tried to run.


Here you can see the tire tracks from when I drove last Friday when it was snowing.


Here you can see from the empty pallets that today I finally went through all the branches I had cut up last Winter to use for firewood.


Here is how the stack of branches looked last Summer.   This is how much I have burnt in the wood stove so far this Winter.


No comments: