Friday, March 01, 2013

On a slow boat

Remember my earlier post about buying a refrigerator?

http://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2013/02/refrigerator-dying-slow-death.html

I was suppose to have it by now.  The boat carrying the refrigerator (along with 33 other refrigerators) from Korea was suppose to get to the Lowes warehouse by Feb 15.  A week to get here in Kalispell which would make it Friday, Feb 22.  To be safe the Lowes salesman scheduled the delivery for Monday, Feb 25.

Lowes called Sunday to remind me of the delivery on Monday.  Then an hour later they called back to say, oops, they didn't have the refrigerator yet.  It would arrive Monday night so they re-scheduled the delivery for Wednesday.

Wednesday arrived and no call from Lowes.  I called them and learned they didn't have the refrigerator.  Where is it?!   They checked and it wasn't at the Lowes warehouse.  Further checking and they said it (and seven other refrigerators) were on a boat from Korea.  The refrigerator would arrive at the warehouse March 5.  Then another five days to reach Kalispell.

I bought the refrigerator on February 7!!  Living out of a cooler is getting old.

Also, I may be interested in buying an extended warranty on the refrigerator.  But I was told the warranty had to be purchased within 30 days of buying the refrigerator, not from taking possession of the refrigerator.  I wanted to have the refrigerator a few days before making the final decision on the warranty. 

First Lowes promised my shower doors would arrive on a certain date and they arrived three or so days later.  Now this.  Lowes has a credibility problem.

No comments: