Thursday, October 06, 2011

Testing a sharpened chainsaw chain

Thursday, October 6, I finally got back my sharpened chainsaw chain.  I immediately tested it out as I had taken the chain to a new place to be sharpened and I wondered how good of a job they did.  I had one tree trunk laying on the ground in the middle pasture that needed to finish being cut before it started to rot.  The sharpened chain cut through the trunk well.

Here is the rest of the tree trunk that laid on the ground (I had cut part of the trunk earlier this year using a handsaw).



Because I don't like leaving gas sit in the chainsaw's gas tank, I went around and cut other stuff.  For the tree that fell over into another tree this past Summer, I cut its branches for as high as I could reach with the chainsaw.

Here is the tree before and after I cut some of its branches.



I also cut more of the ends off three fallen tree in the south pasture.  These trees have fallen onto their branches so the trunks are not laying on the ground.  Because I have plenty of logs back at the house I need to split, I have left these fallen trees alone for now.  To use up the chainsaw gas I trimmed each of them a little bit from their ends.

Here is one of the south pasture trees.  Before and after views.   This isn't the first time I have cut the end of this tree.  The tree used to be much longer.


No comments: