Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring chores

Looks like another nice weekend.  Mostly sunny with a temperature in the mid 50s.  Warm enough that when working this afternoon I didn't need a coat.  Spring is in the air.

No hiking this weekend as Patti had to work and Joyce and I decided to wait till next week to go hiking.

A little of this and a little of that for chores.  I put all (seven) of my pocket gopher traps out in the pasture today.  I hadn't caught any more pocket gophers today with the three traps I already had in the pasture and I noticed more fresh dirt mounds around the pasture.  Still no signs of the regular gophers.

I stacked some pine tree branches that broken off this past winter in the south pasture.  I already have a pile of dead branches from other years and I added these to it.  I left other branches that broke off the tree near the pile.  The pile is high and the recent branches are long and thick and I decided to leave them lay near the pile instead of trying to toss them up on the pile.  I'll do something with them another day.

I cut up some boards for burning in my wood stove.  And gathered up some loose pieces of wood for burning.

I sharpened nine more two-by-fours and pounded them in the ground to mark more tree stump locations.  That makes 29 stumps marked.  A rough estimate is another twenty stumps left to mark.

I found another old tree stump hole.  Fortunately there was a hill (bump) nearby where I could get dirt to fill the hole.  Hopefully that is the last of the old tree stump holes.

I got my harrow out.  It is so beat up and parts of it are broken.  I need to reconfigure the pieces in a new way.  Tomorrow's project.

That's it.  Just an average day.

No comments: