Sunday, March 28, 2010

Putting a harrow together

Today I reassembled my harrow pieces.  The past few years have been tough on it.  Of the three pieces only two really remain as the oldest piece is falling apart.  Below is how the pieces looked at the start of last year's harrow work.


Now here is how they look after I put it together this year.

Last summer I picked up the front bar at an auction and this gives a better thing to attach the pieces to.  I hope multiple attachments to the bar will help the remaining pieces hold together better.

I added a few railroad ties on top to give the harrow a "bite" into the ground.  I had time to drag it around the hayfield a couple times.  I already need to reattach part of the trailing piece tomorrow.


I think this should do the job in smoothing out pocket gopher dirt mounds.

No comments: