Saturday, April 15, 2006

Template fix & Montana quarter designs

Google lost half of my blog's template today. I never thought they would do that to me so I never had a backup copy of my template. No template - no blog. I think I have recreated my template to similar to what it was before. It certainly was a memory test for me tonight! Especially at this hour of the morning! I also made a backup copy of my template in case this happens again. I learned my lesson!

Quarter design

The government is finalizing the design for the quarter for Montana. The U.S. treasury has approved four designs and our governor is letting us vote on the one design we prefer. I am not sure if this is a guideline or whether the vote is binding. Probably a guideline. You know politicians, they don't trust the people.

For those of you in states which already issued the special quarters, how was your procedure? Did you get a chance to voice an opinion from several designs?

Here are the four choices we get to choose from. What do you think? I like the top two designs the best. The bottom left is nice also, but I have noticed a number of previous states have included their state's outline on their quarter, so I am ruling that one out. The mountains on design number four are not tall enough so I am ruling that one out also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember there were several choices, but I dont remember voting for ours