Monday, January 23, 2006

The train vs. driving

For my trip home to visit my family over the Christmas holidays.. the pros and cons of taking the train vs. driving were:

Pros:
  • I did not have to drive 700 miles across Montana during winter time on a narrow 2 lane highway. I've already had the experience many times - thank you.
  • The train ticket price was not too much more than the cost of driving.
  • I could relax and read and talk to other people on the train during the 13 hour journey. Unless you're in a hurry, who wouldn't want to take the train?
Cons:
  • I wouldn't have my car.
  • I usually never leave when planned; something always comes up to delay my trip a day or two or three.
  • I usually take lots of stuff along on my trips back to NoDak... How will I get it all on the train?
Hey, I can drive my brother's pickup when I need to. And regards my packing, I will try to pack lighter this time. Best intentions...

As regards the date I chose... it held. In fact it was a good date to leave. So far, so good!

No comments: