Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Tractor tire repair

One front tire on my older tractor has had a slow leak for a few years now.  It seems to leak more when it is cold than when it is warm.  I had planned on getting it fixed last Fall before Winter but got sidetracked on other things, then Winter came.  Before selling the tractor I wanted to fix the tire.   They found that the tire's inner tube had a pencil sized hole.   The hole had a flap so that may be why it was a slow leak as the flap pressed against the inner part of the tire.   The repairman was surprised the leak was a slow one.  I bought a new inner tube so it is fixed.



Donna had bought me a jack as a birthday or Christmas present a number of years ago.  That is how I was able to raise the tractor to get the tire off of it.

No comments: