Sunday, August 09, 2020

Finished spraying weeds

Today I finally finished spraying the entire property to get rid of weeds.  50+ acres is a lot to spray, especially since I use a backpack sprayer as I have trees to avoid.

I don't have a current photo of the sprayer.  This photo is from over 10 years ago.  But you can see what my backpack sprayer looks like.



I started spraying back towards the end of June.  I didn't spray everyday, but I did spray lots of times.  In the end I kept thinking I was going to be done in a few days but then some areas turned out to have more weeds than I expected and those areas kept adding days.   The last area I sprayed was thick with trees.  I didn't think there would be many weeds there but I was surprised.  On the other hand, it has been a few years since I last sprayed 100% of the property in one year and weeds come back.

Anyway, finally done spraying for this year.  I'm so happy.  Now on to other projects full time.

No comments: