Sunday, January 07, 2018

Flat tractor tire

Yesterday it was time to haul another large hay bale for the heifers in the south corral.  I drove the tractor to the hayshed to get the hay fork for the tractor then over to the south corral to flip up the empty metal feeder.  After I had done so I walked in back of the tractor and saw the right rear tire was flat.

What?!!

I was able to drive out of the corral over to the toolshed.  Before Christmas I had bought myself an air compressor.  It was needed as the rear tire is large.  I pumped up the tire and quickly moved a hay bale to the feeder.  I didn't know how fast the tire would lose air.   This morning I checked the tire and it is still inflated.  It may be a pound or two lower in pressure.  The leak must be pretty slow.  I'll keep an eye on it and wait for warmer weather.  I have no idea what would cause a flat in such a big and thick tire.

No comments: