Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pruning pasture apple tree

For some reason there is a large apple tree in the pasture.  I don't know how it survived the livestock to grow tall.   It had been neglected and a few years ago I pruned some of it and also lower the tree's height.  Unfortunately I hadn't continued to prune the tree over the past few years.  Today I worked on the tree.  Because I hadn't pruned the tree in a few years I had to mainly work on removing newer branches to open the tree up rather than continuing to work on lowering the tree's height.

Tall pine trees are all around so it is hard to easily see the bare apple tree.  The photos are not the greatest but they are all I have.  I already had started pruning a few branches from the tree before I remembered to take photos.

Before... and after.



Another view of the tree:  Before... and after.

No comments: