Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Neighbor's cattle

Thought I'd post a few photos of the cattle across the road at my neighbor's place.  I took these photos yesterday as the weather was decent.  I even got out my bicycle and rode four miles up and down the road.

The cattle are corriente cattle.  That's why they have horns and are a smaller size that typical cattle.



Then today I took a few more photos during the winter storm. Notice the mountains have disappeared. As you can see the 13 cattle have eaten lots of hay that was set out shortly before I took the earlier photos.


The weather today took a turn for the worse.  I woke up to new snow.  It snowed a bit off and on during the day.  Mostly the strong wind blew some snow around.  The temperature has slowly sunk all day.  The temperature is in the single digits now with a low predicted to be a little below 0 F tonight.  Then Thursday and Friday nights we are predicted to flirt with record low temperatures in the double digits below zero F.  Good old global warming you know.

No comments: