Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lion smell tonight

I don't know what a mountain lion smells like.  A few days ago when I told my neighbor Bob about the mountain lion Wyatt thinks is on his property, Bob claimed they had a strong smell, similar to a skunk.  Bob told me it now made sense when the other night their border collie dog didn't want to go outside.  Usually he can't wait to get outside but that night he didn't want go outside to go to the bathroom. Jan said it smelled like a skunk was outside.  Bob thought it was odd as he didn't think skunks were active and out and about this time of year.

Tonight I just stepped outside a minute to get another log for my wood stove and noticed a strong though faint smell.  Maybe a little similar to a skunk smell.  Hmmm.... could it be that a mountain lion came through my property earlier this night?  Good thing I keep a few logs just outside the house door.

No comments: