Monday, September 30, 2024

Into the yard

Time is getting close to selling my calves at the auction, and about time to wean them.  I haven't mowed my yard grass all Summer.  Instead of mowing the grass I decided to let the cattle eat the grass and let them into the yard this afternoon late as I had to protect stuff in the yard from the cattle.  It should take a day or two for them to eat the grass.  I plan to start weaning the calves on Wednesday.  Then the cows can go into the NE pasture to eat.  Hope everything goes to plan.

First stop for the cattle was the main corral.





Then into the backyard.


Of course several calves quickly went to near the caragana.  I had re-put up the fence to protect the caragana.  Hope it works this time.   What the cattle ate of the caragana in the Spring when they got through the protecting fence hasn't grown back.  That is why the lower part of the caragana has less leaves.

No comments: