Friday, November 06, 2015

Fascia done

The temperature only reached 42 F and there were more clouds than sun; but no rain. First I nailed two of the three plywood boards to the pole shed wall.  I'll nail the last plywood board later after I finish the last supporting board inside the pole shed, which can be done when it is raining.  Then I got the fascia done.  Small progress, but progress.

I had to trim and shape each stud end.  One fascia board did not reach from stud to stud.  Both of the board ends were slanted and I had to trim to straighten the ends.  That meant the board was about four inches short of reaching a stud.  I cut and nailed a 2 by 4 board between two studs on which to nail the ends of the fascia boards.

New and old 2 by 4s.  By this I mean, 3 1/2 inches and true 4 inch.


Then I found that two studs were slightly higher than the others. As a result the roof has a 'bump', especially noticeable as it rises above the straight fascia board. (Where is a crooked fascia board when you need one?!  )  So I had to do more adjusting to reduce the 'bump' so it wasn't as noticeable.  No photos as my camera's battery quit.

I installed the metal drip edge as it got dark.  Come daylight tomorrow I will see if I have any fixes to do or whether I can finally start shingling.


No comments: