Friday, July 27, 2012

Cutting a leaning tree

One of the trees I cut on Tuesday was a tree leaning into another tree.  Earlier I had trimmed off the branches I could reach from the ground.  Now it was time to cut the tree down.


The tree wasn't completely snapped off from the stump so first I cut the remainder of the trunk from the stump.  Then it was on to cutting the tree down to size.  The video is only 29 seconds long as the mosquitoes were driving Tammy crazy.  She wasn't thrilled in the first place in taking the video as she thought it was boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdbXgY4M3c&feature=youtu.be
 
Here is an 11 second video finishing the cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETu4a7T6wU&feature=youtu.be


Then it was repeat to bring more of the tree down until I could pull the rest of the leaning tree from the live tree.

Even with all the mosquitoes I cut up the tree into lengths where I can split the logs later.


I found these feathers nearby.  While I find a number of shed feathers in the pasture these feathers looked like they came from an injury.


No comments: